Need to dress up, but still want to look fairly natural? Learn how to create the nude smoky eye in 5 minutes or less.
For years “going-out” makeup has been all about the smoky eye. Using those pretty, deep charcoal colors to create feminine drama and accentuate your eye shape. There’s no denying its appeal.
MORE TO READ: How to style natural full brows in 2-minutes
But, alas, the smoky eye isn’t for everyone. Firstly, because it’s just not all that easy to apply if you’re not a makeup-master. (I’ve made plenty of dark smudgy mistakes trying to replicate Adele’s expertly done smoky cat eye!) And even if you are a whiz with your eye shadow brushes, sometimes all those dark grays and blacks can make you look a little overdone.
Enter: the nude smoky eye. A lighter, softer, more natural version of the smoky eye, that’s easier to create, but still boosts the beauty of your gaze, and feels special enough for an evening out on the town. All you need is three slightly different neutral brown and gold shades (depending on your coloring). This easy to follow tutorial by YouTube makeup vlogger Tina Yong shows you a step by step of how it’s done. To keep it even more natural and quick, just fast-forward through her false lash application and instead use a regular, dark mascara on your lashes.
In this video, Tina says that she used mostly MAC products. If you have browns and neutral shades at home, you can absolutely use those, but if you’re in need of product, you can also shop the look below:
MAC Soft Ocre, $22, Nordstrom
MAC Quite Natural, $22, Nordstrom
MAC Saddle, $6, MAC Cosmetics
Anastasia Beverly Hills powder in Rich Brown, $12, Sephora
Naked 2 Palette (use the Half Baked shade inside) $72, Amazon
MAC Blacktrack Gel Liner, $17, Macy’s
Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara, $32, Giorgio Armani
- 3 easy, healthy breakfast ideas to energize your weekday mornings
- Why I need to believe in guardian angels on earth
- I’m a hugger of a mother—here’s why you should be one, too
- Jake Gyllenhaal sings haunting 33-year-old song about a 133-year-old painting (VIDEO)
- All the DIY Valentine’s Day card inspiration you need
- Need a hug? ‘Loubie’ the golden retriever can make it all better (PHOTOS)
- Are the Grammys becoming irrelevant?
- Young beauty bloggers let Dad narrate their makeup tutorials (VIDEOS)
- 26 simple & unique cross necklaces
- 10 U.S. cities that can mentally transport you to Europe
- Is ‘Dabbing’ disrespectful, or did I miss the memo?
- 6 decadent—and deceptively healthy—chocolate desserts
- Do our children inherently think men are smarter than women?
- Drowned toddler recovers after miraculous response to prayers
- How to practice Scandinavian ‘lagom’: When enough is just enough
- What C.S. Lewis can teach us about true love