Watch as Claire Ryann and her musician father bring this classic tune to life in a whole new way. It makes us cheer: Go Daddy-O!
If you grew up in the 90’s—or knew anyone who was a kid around that time—you’ve likely seen at least one of Pixar’s first and finest films about Andy and his beloved toys: Toy Story (and its subsequent sequels). But even if you missed the trilogy, there’s no doubt you’ve heard its signature song by artist Randy Newman entitled, “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” … but you’ve never heard it quite like this!
Adorable 4-year-old Claire Ryann and her dad, musician Dave Crosby give Newman a run for his money as they perform their own soulful and sweet rendition of the catchy tune. (How catchy, you ask? Well, after posting the video in January 17th, it became so popular that it’s already amassed over 1.8 million views in just 6 days!)
MORE TO WATCH: Motherhood defined in 34 seconds (hilarious VIDEO)
Not only is Claire’s voice as clear, confident and expressive as someone well beyond her years, but the chemistry between her and her dad is undeniable. The love, affection and trust between the two creates musical magic. It’s obvious that some of Dave’s talent has been accorded to his daughter—this little girl can hold her own in a way unknown to most 4-year-olds.
And it’s also pretty clear that the two have been rehearsing together for a while. Claire knows all the right words and sings her heart out at all the right times, clearly enjoying her dad’s solos as well—just watch her feet bob along at the bottom of the frame. It’s so refreshing to see a dad like Crosby sharing his passion with his kiddo. And hopefully it inspires more parents to share their hobbies with their children.
MORE TO WATCH: Newborn’s first hair shampoo gets 33 million views (VIDEO)
Delighted by this father-daughter duo like we are? The pair has a number of adorable videos and musical collaborations on their Youtube channel, Claire & the Crosbys, here. Then share it with your favorite daddy-daughter duo, too!
- 3 easy, healthy breakfast ideas to energize your weekday mornings
- Why I need to believe in guardian angels on earth
- I’m a hugger of a mother—here’s why you should be one, too
- Jake Gyllenhaal sings haunting 33-year-old song about a 133-year-old painting (VIDEO)
- All the DIY Valentine’s Day card inspiration you need
- Need a hug? ‘Loubie’ the golden retriever can make it all better (PHOTOS)
- Are the Grammys becoming irrelevant?
- Young beauty bloggers let Dad narrate their makeup tutorials (VIDEOS)
- 26 simple & unique cross necklaces
- 10 U.S. cities that can mentally transport you to Europe
- Is ‘Dabbing’ disrespectful, or did I miss the memo?
- 6 decadent—and deceptively healthy—chocolate desserts
- Do our children inherently think men are smarter than women?
- Drowned toddler recovers after miraculous response to prayers
- How to practice Scandinavian ‘lagom’: When enough is just enough
- What C.S. Lewis can teach us about true love