Need a happiness boost? Click no further.
Did you know that just looking at something cute on your screen for a few minutes a day can reduce stress and increase productivity? Well, according to a Hiroshima University study, it can. And right about now—after a week full of politics, walls and marches—we think everyone could use a little mental breather in the form of cuteness. And zoos across America have come together to answer our prayers in the form of a tweet-off of their cutest animals, from Tulsa to the Bronx.
MORE TO READ: Actor Chris Pratt’s cutest family moments (PHOTOS)
So take a minute on your lunch break today, breathe deeply, and remember the good, majestic things in this world: like our animal friends. (Because they, too, need our attention, love and protection.) And as you scroll through seals, and tigers, and panda bears, all you need to do is smile big and say, “Oh my!”
1. The Tulsa Zoo’s baby jaguar, Babette
2. The National Zoo’s baby seal pup (born Jan 21)
3. The Columbus Zoo’s leopard and puppy bffs
4. The Virginia Aquarium’s seal, Rudder
5. The Chester Zoo’s Red Panda (plays peekaboo)
MORE TO READ: March of the pandas (PHOTOS)
6. The Cleveland Zoo’s leopard, Sameera (loves bubble baths)
7. The Miami Zoo’s giraffes
8. The Bronx Zoo’s baby tigers
9. The Queens Zoo’s deer (the world’s smallest!)
10. The Cincinnati Zoo’s baby ocelot, Santos (wants to lick your face)
Yes, maybe we promised you 10 tweets … but here’s a bonus for the monkey lovers out there … because we just can’t stop.
BONUS: The National Zoo’s Baby orangutan infant, Redd
- 3 easy, healthy breakfast ideas to energize your weekday mornings
- Why I need to believe in guardian angels on earth
- I’m a hugger of a mother—here’s why you should be one, too
- Jake Gyllenhaal sings haunting 33-year-old song about a 133-year-old painting (VIDEO)
- All the DIY Valentine’s Day card inspiration you need
- Need a hug? ‘Loubie’ the golden retriever can make it all better (PHOTOS)
- Are the Grammys becoming irrelevant?
- Young beauty bloggers let Dad narrate their makeup tutorials (VIDEOS)
- 26 simple & unique cross necklaces
- 10 U.S. cities that can mentally transport you to Europe
- Is ‘Dabbing’ disrespectful, or did I miss the memo?
- 6 decadent—and deceptively healthy—chocolate desserts
- Do our children inherently think men are smarter than women?
- Drowned toddler recovers after miraculous response to prayers
- How to practice Scandinavian ‘lagom’: When enough is just enough
- What C.S. Lewis can teach us about true love