The 19th-century Dominican-trained priest was canonized this week by Pope Francis. Pavoni's work feeding and educating the needy left a lasting legacy of caring for the poor and marginalized.
- Being thankful for all of life’s unexpected gifts
- The Queen of Katwe may change you
- The surprising struggle of young nuns (VIDEO)
- Randy Travis delivers powerful performance of ‘Amazing Grace’ after stroke (VIDEO)
- The ‘Birth of a Nation’ controversy: should we separate a movie from its maker?
- The 1993 letter from Bush to Clinton: a lesson in values for your kids!
- The big spiritual dilemma born from my Catholic-Muslim relationship
- A peek at the stunning spiritual treasure that is Mont Saint-Michel
- The funny faith of Stephen Colbert
- Parents need to focus less on children’s good manners, more on their hearts
- Adele is thinking about baby number two, but what about you?
- ‘Incrementalism’ & other subtle forms of manipulation that can lead to domestic abuse
- Canadian viral video reminds America how great our country is (VIDEO)
- The most healing gift I received after my miscarriage was …
- How pornography robs viewers of authentic love & honesty
- The faithful romance of Chip & Joanna Gaines (VIDEO)
- ‘The Giving Way to Happiness’: how to take the first step toward finding your purpose
- Halloween is a great time to practice generosity—and we’re not talking about candy
- 3 pumpkin pasta recipes for hearty fall family dinners
- Life lessons from new saint Lodovico Pavoni
- Dress your little boy like Prince George
- Charity-life balance is possible (and necessary!) even for busy women (VIDEO)
- 5 smart ways to combat your dental anxiety
- 3 lessons in empathy from the warm people of Ecuador
- ‘The Walking Dead’: why am I so faithful to this shocking show?
- Tweets of the week: summoning strength & courage for the last weeks of election season
- The 7 fictional guys I’d date in real life
- 8 ways to ‘reset’ your spirit during election season
- Photographer’s gorgeous snapshots of Down Syndrome kids will touch your heart
- What’s in, what’s out: lunch boxes of love, a-ha moments, and this election
Hospitable acts are what the Halloween season is all about. Here are 6 scarily easy ones we can all make the effort to do.
Canada knows we're going through a tough time. So they put together a video care package to remind us that there is still a lot to love about our great country. Now that's a good neighbor, eh?
“Faith ultimately can’t be argued, faith has to be felt,” The Late Show host Stephen Colbert said in an interview. “Logic itself, I don’t think, for me, and you know—Aquinas might say differently—will not lead me to God. And, so, hopefully I can use my mind to make my jokes, and not deny my love for God at the same time.”
It takes a village to raise a child. That village may very well be ... other kids.
America ranked #7 on the world's most empathetic countries list, released just this month. While being in the top 10 isn't bad by any means, we can still learn a thing or two from the #1 seat: Ecuador.
The Year of Mercy is almost over, have you been merciful? Don't worry, it's never too late to start, and compassion and forgiveness don't have a time limit. Work these simple habits into your outlook going forward into 2017 and beyond.
As networks turn meaningful classic tales into shallow procedural cookie-cutter TV shows, viewers who are searching for depth are left bored and frustrated.